- I’ve downloaded the VUWBO App. How do I get started?
- Is VUWBO available for Android?
Yes. Vuwbo online can be used on any device.
- Do I have to evaluate teaching using all five sliders?
No. You can disable any sliders you don’t wish to focus on during an observation. Alternatively, you can choose not to move a slider once you have begun an observation. If you leave the slider at the extreme left of the line then the PDF report will record ‘NA’ next to that aspect of practice rather than attribute it a low score. When members create reports any sliders that remain unmoved will not be included in data analysis.
You can also create your own sliders specifically for your organisation.
You can also use VUWBO Walks to explore one aspect of practice in more detail. Learn More Here
- I want to evaluate a specific aspect of the curriculum. Can VUWBO help?
Yes. Try out our new curriculum review tool. This is available to Vuwbo members.
- Can members change the slider comments?
Yes. VUWBO believes observation should be rooted in robust evidence, hence providing these 5 pre-populated sliders. We recognise, however, that schools may want to personalise slider text or focus on their own school observation criteria. Members can therefore create their own content online and download this to the App, setting up a default set of sliders for their school users. Find out more about creating and using your own sliders.
- I want to work with staff to prepare them for using VUWBO and explore these strands of pedagogy in more depth. Can I access VUWBO slider content anywhere?
Yes. members can visit professional learning tools to access all of the slider content along with an introductory power point presentation and ideas for how to launch VUWBO in school.